Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crafters of Faith End of the Month Challenge

The end of May has so quickly arrived and Patti is our hostess this month for our Faith Blog group's challenge for May. . She reminded us of the wonderful custom of delivering May baskets to our friends or neighbors. I've made mine for a friend who had surgery this week. I stamped the paper for the basket with a basket weave background stamp that I just love from Flourishes. I loved the quote from Texas' fabulous Lady Bird Johnson, and I diecut some flowers and leaves to arrange in my basket. That was the REAL challenge, trying to arrange my one dimensional flowers to look more 3-D.

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Lis this is incredible!!!!!

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous creation!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a sweet gift for your friend! Love the fabulous basket of bright blossoms and awesome sentiment!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Liz, this is just amazing! Totally love the weave you stamped!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely sweet!! This is over the top beautiful, you took this challenge head on and nailed it! TFS! xx0

Unknown said...

Love your basket! It looks so real with the basket weave pattern on it. I don't stamp well but I can do flowers. I have some flower tutorials on my blog if you ever want to check them out.
Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Ana Carolina Little said...

WOW Liz, you nailed this challenge!!!. You literally made the basket with flowers. You go girl!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful basket, liz....I just love the basket weave pattern and the sentiment is lovely!!!! We used to make and deliver May baskets...my DD still makes them every year!!!

Melina said...

I love this! Gorgeous project :)