Friday, June 5, 2009



Sometimes it is just good to get back to the basics of what rubberstamping really is --- ink on paper. We have gotten so caught up in the whole paper industry and feel like we have to have every new thing that comes out there. Believe me, I am guilty as charged. But today, Jeanne challenged us on Splitcoaststampers to do a one layer card to un-layer ourselves for the summer. This is the card I did. It only took me about 15 minutes from cutting the paper, to finding the stamps, and actually doing the stamping. In doing it I was reminded once again just how beautiful the basic craft of rubberstamping can be without all the layers, without all the design papers, and without fancy embellishments. These are the kinds of stamps that Stampin' Up use to produce. And quite frankly, I miss them. You see I couldn't part with these, but then I never bought a rubberstamp I didn't love. So, show those old stamps the love you still have for them. I challenge you get out an old stamp that you haven't used in a while! Have some fun this summer, stampin' and relaxin'.

2 comments:

Ellibelle said...

This is gorgeous Liz!! I love how you created that background using the shapes. And I love "Balmy Breezes". One set I couldn't give up either!

Susan said...

so glad I got another look at this beautiful card. I love that balmy set...made my very first card with it. Well done, Liz!