Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #7



This is for this week's sketch for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. For everyone that enters and leaves comments, extra money goes into the Midnight Madness Mad Money Piggy Bank and the drawing is soon. Check it out here for all the details. I used some of my new Stampin' Up in colors---soft suede and dusty durango as well as a piece of Ambrosia Basic Grey dp. I also used some summer sun and pumpkin pie and ivory paper too. The scripture stamp is from Stampabilities. The leaf punch is from Martha Stewart. I just love that punch. And of course, how could I not mention my wonderful Nestabilities that I could not live without. The pumkin piece and the summer sun were embossed with the cuttlebug paisley folder. Love these printed primas from Prima Marketing. Those are corduroy brads for the centers of the flowers, gold domes for the corner treatment, and some orange grosgrain ribbon. I have been falling down on getting my weekly scripture loaded to my blog, but today was a great day to do that!! Bless you this day, and remember we don't have to operate on our own understanding if we just but trust in the Lord!!Find someone to pray for today---there are many suffering from floods, drought, terror, tragic losses, and terminal illnesses. Lift some of these up today in your prayers!

7 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Wow, pretty new stampin' up colors. Yes, people do read your description!! it is a wonderful card - all the yummy details of it - Thank you for joining us today at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I enjoy viewing your cards so enter again!

Jane MMDT member

Carolyn said...

Just beautiful. I love every inch of this card. What a great job. Thank you so much for playing with us. Please play agian.

Carolyn, MMDT member
Great blog candy giveaway throughout June!
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Denise @ kc242 said...

Love the beautiful color combinations of your card. What a great take on the sketch challenge!

Denise Clark said...

I will admit that some time ago I didn't read everything in a post, just checked out the card, but I have learned that there is so much to learn in the person's writing. It's how you get to know the real person. So now I read everything!

I LOVE your card. My first thought was "I wish I could get that into my Favorites folder!" I love scripture cards and this one is beautiful! The new colors are outstanding! Can't wait to get my hands on them!

Priscilla said...

Wow!!!Love your card …I like the way you bright oranges..very pretty and your colors scheme is awesome. Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your next entry :)

Sue McMahon said...

Liz, this is gorgeous! Perfect! Perfect! Can't wait to see what you make next week!

Sue
MMDT Member
Blog: http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
Online Store: www.mcmahonfivedesign.com

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Ooo, nice paisley background with velvet buttons! I like it. Thanks for playing this week xox ~Jeni