Saturday, June 15, 2013

ODBDSLC158


I have been blessed to have a father with a servant's heart. He has always done those things God has put on his heart to do. He has organized Crop Walks, taught Sunday School, served many terms on the session of his church, and by his examples he raised two daughters who seem to have lovingly served the Lord as well.
His actions shaped our lives and we are so blessed to have had him in all 62 years of my life. I thought this quote from Mother Teresa pretty much was the lesson Dad is still teaching us. Happy Fathers Day to all those loving and faithful dads, who have honored and served their heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Liz what a beautiful post!! I am sure your Dad is as proud of you as you are of him. I do know what you mean about how our fathers example shape our lives.

What a gorgeous card that your Dad will treasure!!

Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!