Saturday, June 29, 2013

COF June Challenge

"
Barb's challenge for us:
June is Dairy Month in Wisconsin. I remember when I was growing up there were dairy breakfasts at farms in our area and my 4-H club had a pie and ice cream social every June. Now--I am not sure that everyone has a dairy themed image. But--if you have something farm related--cow, chickens, ducks, barns, fields, etc. or dairy products related--ice cream, cheese, milk, eggs, cream puffs (the Wisconsin State Fair favorite!), or use your own imagination to honor the dairy farmer. Do you have some farm related DSP or an embossing folder? Chicken wire, barbed wire, farm animals, etc.--please be sure to use that."

I made use of some of my newest Graphic 45 paper. I have had this rooster for quite some time in my collection, which I use for all my Emmaus agape items I love to make. "De Colores" is one of the main songs used on an Emmaus weekend, and in the lyrics it sings about the rooster, the hen, and the baby chicks. I've tried to capture a French Country look in the choice of my colors and the sunflower.


9 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Liz, your card is positively splendid!! OH how I wish I had used my rooster stamp now! (forgot about that one!) This is a gem - such lovely colors ebbing together and the richness of the beautifully colored rooster - WOW!
Blessings to you and all that you are doing with your ministry - they are blessed to have such a faith-filled lady at the helm :) x0x0

marsha said...

Liz, what a terrific rooster! He looks fabulous and of course what farm would be without one!
Hugs and blessings,
Marsha

Darlene said...

Liz, I think you captured the very essence of French country with this card! Makes me hungry for Coq au Vin!!
Lovely paper and the sunflower is gorgeous! What a great job coloring the rooster too!
Blessings to you and your group on your important ministry!

Barb said...

Liz--this card is stunning! Love the image and the colors you used make him just pop off of the card!

Thanks for joining me in celebrating June Dairy Month--frozen custard for all!

Jacquel said...

Very, very nice Liz! Love the papers & that rooster! Excellent work on the challenge Hun & TFS!!!

maryrose said...

Liz, this is beautiful! I just love all the "French" elements, like the rooster, the sunflower, the papers and ribbon. Tres chic! Blessings on you and your ministry, friend!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Liz, your card is awesome! I love the rooster - and the way you colored him up. And I really like the sunflower embellishment!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh that shabby chic flower looks just perfect on your card. I love the colors and layout. Great job, Liz!

Carol W said...

Liz, you did an awesome job with this card. Love the rooster and the layout..the sunflower in the corner really gives the feeling of being down on the farm...great job my friend...