Wednesday, August 29, 2018

CCEE1835 Flowers

It is springtime in Australia, the land of our wonderful Frances, who is hosting this last challenge for August. She writes:

In my part of the world (Australia), Saturday is the first day of Spring .... Flowers are beautiful at any time of the year so for our challenge this week we are to add some flowers to our card.

Want to play along with us this week, don't forget to drop back here to enter the link to your card to Mr Linky at the bottom of the CCEEstampers blogsite. While you are there, check out all the beautiful flowers on the cards of the team members. 

Here is mine, which I made with a retired Stampin' Up Stipple hydrangea stamp which I love. I dry embossed part of the card base, added a thin strip of washi tape, the added my focal and sentiment ovals. I am on the care team at my church and am always in need of sympathy cards, so I decided to make this a sympathy card for my collection. 

Hope you will join in with some of your favorite flower stamps this week. 

I am also including this in the Sisterhood of Crafters flower challenge this week. 





10 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Liz, this is a beauty! I love your coloring and the softness of this. We have hydrangea growing wild here and it's just so lovely!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous job of catching the multiple colors of a blooming hydrangea, Liz!! Your card looks wonderful with the basket weave embossing. The gold cord adds just the perfect bit of elegance for this beautiful sympathy design.

StampOwl said...

Beautiful card, great coloring of the hydrangea

Vicky Gould said...

I can almost smell that beautiful hydrangea! Spot on coloring, Liz! Love it!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Gorgeous! And look at you, combining challenges!!

Lois said...

Whenever I see a stamped hydrangea, I always think of the huge hydrangea bushes I had at my house in Pennsylvania. Thanks for the memory! Your card is lovely.

jojot said...

as you know, this is also one of my fav stamps ever....you have once again brought it to life in a new and fabulous way....this layout and design is wonderful

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Liz! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Bloomin’ Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card, Liz! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge. Marsha DT

Gwendolyn said...

That's an amazing card you've created! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge blog and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn