Wednesday, August 22, 2018

CCEE1834 Riding the Wind

Hi Crafty Friends

It's Frances here again with another fun challenge for you all.

Today (23rd August) is Ride the Wind Day, this day was created to celebrate the anniversary of the first man powered flight. There are so many things that rely on wind for them to work, so let's include something that needs wind on our cards today. Some examples include kite flying, windsurfing, Hang Gliding; Sailing Boats, Birds Flying, Hot Air Balloons, Balloons, Paper Planes etc.

Want to play along with us this week, don't forget to drop back here to enter the link to your card to Mr Linky at the bottom at the CCEEStampers blogsite www.cceestampers.blogspot.com 


While  you are there look to see what our Design Team created this week for the challenge.....

Here's my card and I kind of took a different angle on ridiing the wind. I thought of how a loose feather floats through the air and how it moves as the wind catches it. 


I used distress oxide inks for my background. Stamps I used were from Stampabilities and Unity. 
I added a few sequins as some of the pieces scattered. 

9 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Beautiful background, wonderful colors....what's not to love??

StampOwl said...

Love your floating feathers

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What lovely colors!! That saying is wonderful, mf!!

Lois said...

Feathers are some of my favorite images. Such a pretty card!

MiamiKel said...

Fabulous take on the challenge, Liz! I love your idea and your card even more! Swoon!

jojot said...

I just love the whimsy of your sedign.....that background rocks....you are one of my 'background' inspiring stampers.....such fabulous work, Liz

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and colors, I love the the feather blowing in the wind!

Lynn McAuley said...

This is stunning, Liz!! So very beautiful. But that wonderful sentiment touched my heart and brought on the tears!!

Maryann said...

interesting twist for this challenge, love your background