Wednesday, January 2, 2019

CCEE1901

Hi everyone and Happy New Year, 
we are all glad to be back for another year of fun challenges.

Liz, our hostess this month, lives in a place where winters are relatively mild, but her greatest fear is driving in icy conditions. “Black Ice” is a very hazardous condition she has heard others mention. And she discovered in the tutorials on SCS ,a technique called “Black Ice” technique in stamping. So even without much experience at the icy driving or this technique, she is challenging us to give that technique a try. 
Let's see what our Design Team created using this technique over on the CCEE blogsite found HERE

I stamped jet black stazon onto some aluminum foil. Did some direct from pad smears across it and then stamped the trees. When it was dry, I added versamark ink over the entire front. I used a thick clear embossing powder over the top and heated with heat gun. Then I added the diecut deer and birds. I added dots of white liquid pearl as snowflakes. I had never tried this before and although the picture doesn't do real justice to it, I loved the clear icy topping that covered the entire card. 

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh Liz, thank you for introducing me to a new technique! You are so creative! I LOVE your card! Tinfoil! Wow, I really didn't pay attention to how to make this card, LOL! But I did my best - and I just love yours! I love the addition of the deer - very Texas, I'd think :) Happy New Year, dear friend!

StampOwl said...

Loving your black ice scene, fun challenge

Vicky Gould said...

What a fun technique...thanks! The deer in the woods is just wonderful! Happy New Year!

Lois said...

That was an interesting technique you challenged us with this week, Liz! I like the addition of the birds and the deer on your card.

Lynn McAuley said...

I like your silhouette trees with the added birds and deer!! But, I didn't have any success with this technique!! It does look cold and icy, though! Let's hope that our January isn't!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Using foil really worked!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Wow, Liz! What a fantastic card using the black ice technique! I love that you used tinfoil for it, as I've never seen that before. Very creative!