Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekly Christmas Card Challenge #52

I keep all of my wood mounted Christmas rubber stamps in a storage bin that slides under my bed for the majority of the year. Last week I got it out and decided some of these stamps needed to be used this season. This is one from a retired set from Stampin' Up. It was a great one that will always be a classic in my collection. I have been browsing finding some challenges I have not had the time to visit on a weekly basis, as my personal challenge for November has been to make a Christmas card for every challenge I do this month as a way of getting my cards done so I can get them addressed and mailed. I love making only one of most of the cards I make. I find it boring to mass produce. It uses up too much of the same papers and the best part of making cards is the creating part for me.
So the challenge I found today is the Weekly Christmas Card Challenge #52 ( I guess if I had been doing this challenge all along, I would have my cards done, won't I?) I guess I don't have to tell you it is my nature to procrastinate. The theme for this week was Faith. I love making cards that reflect the real reason for the season, the birth of my Lord and Savior. Thanks for coming by to check out my blog and my efforts at getting my cards made for the season. May the light of His love touch you in very special ways this Christmas season. .

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the subtle colors and great image!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational design, Liz! Gorgeous background paper for this remarkable image!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great card, Liz. I really like that stamp. I'm glad that you dug it out to show us!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Card Challenges! (Karen N, DT)

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card. I'm so happy that you found us at Christmas Card Challenges. Hope you'll come by again soon.