Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Crafter's of Faith Challenge

Here is the scripture that Darlene selected for our group this month:
Matthew 10;13-16
"People were bringing little children to him in order that he might touch them; and the disciples spoke sternly to them. 14 But when Jesus saw this, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. 15 Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them."  









I thought this sweet vintage image was so perfect of a child reading perhaps this very chapter in Matthew from the Family Bible. When books were not so plentiful in homes centuries ago, parents taught their children how to read by using the Bible. Is this not a wonderful way to bring your children to Jesus today? I am sorry to say that this was not a practice I did in my home. Perhaps parents can be wiser than I was and see the value in teaching the Words of truth to their children at a very young age.








5 comments:

Darlene said...

Liz, this is stunning! I love the rich, peaceful colors and you are right. The vintage image is perfect for this challenge! I especially like how you colored her and highlighted with soft yellow around her - it's like she's glowing with the Spirit!

Blessings to all of you!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Liz, what a pure delight this is! I imagine this is what you looked like as a child of faith, and you're still strong in that faith today! Love the design of your card and the lovely hues ... Simply splendid!

Blessings to you, COF sister and all you do!

Barb said...

Liz--this card is stunning! I love the image--I can just picture a little girl doing this. I really like the layout and the colors that you used.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a beautiful image- and I did not know that about reading books in the old days......we always had a kids version of the bible with lots of great pictures that we read with the kids when they were younger... I am new in the COF group and look forward to getting to know everyone.

:: BlueInks :: said...

The DP you used is so pretty. I love the colors and how they swirl around. The image is just perfect and vintage as you said. A great combination. Great job on this card!!!