Sunday, November 17, 2013

Paper Players Challenge #172


One of my self challenges this month has been to do challenges and use a Christmas theme for each one. That way I will get my Christmas cards made and it will be creative and fun long the way. I never make any two cards alike as it is, so this makes it more fun and motivates me to get this task done. Today I am using the challenge, a new one for me to try, at Paper Players. The challenge this week is to may a CAS card using leaves. So, holly leaves it is for me. My idea of CAS may differ from some, but to me it is an almost white card, for the most part one layer, and absent of the usual embellishments of ribbon and rhinestones that I so love to use on most of my work. For this card I masked the strip for the sentiment, stamped the leaves with tuxedo black ink, colored them with Copic markers, and drew lines with a gold leaf marker. Because my markers bled through the cardstock, I mounted it on a basic black card base. So here is my one card CAS wonder. Hope you like it.

4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely lovely :) Your CAS cards are always a vision!

Blessings!

Carol W said...

Wow Liz, this is stunning...great job on this card....

stampwithsandy said...

Love your beautiful holly leaves and the little bit of goal leaf makes your card so elegant. Thanks for playing along with us the first time this week at The Paper Players, Liz! Hope to see you again soon!

Nance Leedy said...

A lovely card with the trailing holly leaves and the gold is such an elegant touch. So glad you joined us, for the first time, at The Paper Players!