Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WOYWW 221


It's almost the end of the month and I do an end of the month challenge with my blog group. The theme is doing something to honor your father and mother. My parents have been married 63 years and have made their own Christmas cards every single one of those years. So, I have seen cardmaking done every year of my life. Mom usually designs it and does the art. Dad decides on the sentiment or creates poetry for the inside of them. They start in October most of the time and some years go very smoothly and some years they have to work out their artistic differences in opinion. So, I decided a Christmas card would be the perfect kind of card in which to honor them. I found this little house mouse stamp on for half price today and it reminded of me of their love for one another and their devotion to creating their cards every year for their Christmas list of at least 100 that they mail out. Thanks Mom and Dad for introducing me to this fascination with paper crafting and inspiring me to enjoy the creative side of life.

Thanks for those who visit my desk/mess this week. I look forward to visiting the others I will find over at
Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground.

6 comments:

sandysewin said...

What a wonderful story about your parents and their creativity. Love the house mouse stamp, too adorable. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the kind comments.

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #12

Lynn McAuley said...

I came t-h-i-s close to snagging this stamp myself today! I thought it was adorable!! Your card is precious with the red and white striped backing!

We have been blessed with talented and loving parents! And aren't we happy that they got us started on the crafty path!

Hugs!!

Kim Ferguson (Paper Crafting) said...

That is so incredible about your parents and their dedication for so many years. My best memories are from Christmas preparations at home, gingerbread houses, candy, cookies, gifts and ornaments we would all create together. Kim 112

dix said...

How very cool that your parents have always made their cards! Very sweet indeed! And they passed the talent on to you! Nice way to honor them! Thanks for sharing!

dix said...

How very cool that your parents have always made their cards! Very sweet indeed! And they passed the talent on to you! Nice way to honor them! Thanks for sharing!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Liz, this card is so cute! What a great story with your parent's love for paper crafting. That is it! You HAD to do it! :) Great job and sorry for being so tardy to see it.