Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ODBDSLC165


I always look forward to the new weekly challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs. This week it was a sketch challenge which are always  more challenging for me. Getting things cut near the correct size and getting the placement just right. Isn't that what I do to God sometimes? I worry too much about saying things in the correct ways that I fail to speak the words that just come from my heart. God doesn't expect me to come up with the exact words or being in the most appropriate setting. That's why He sent the Holy Spirit. I just need to remember to let Him be my guide and provider. So, His daily blessing to me is the gift of the Spirit, which Christ died for us to have.

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is beautiful, Liz...such a pretty image and I love the sketch!!! Your words are so true, too!!!

Jan Marie said...

So very beautiful! Love your combination of colors, stamps and papers and the fabulously colored butterfly! Thankful for your post as well (and for the precious gift of the Holy Spirit who daily is conforming us to the image of our precious Savior!) What a sweet, sweet blessing is His presence! Thanks for joining for the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge! Blessings!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is beautiful Liz!! I just love the butterfly, the embossed background, and your colors!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

marsha said...

Beautiful, love the butterfly, the embossing and the gorgeous colors!
Hugs,
Marsha

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Liz, it's beautiful! And I so agree with your comments about worrying about what we say. God is in total control and has blessed us with the Holy Spirit. Praise God for His love and mercy toward us! So glad you joined in for the ODBD sketch challenge!