Monday, July 9, 2018

Having fun with Oxide inks


I am giving a little love to an old, favorite stamp of mine...this palm tree. It is from an old Stampin' Up set. I tried the gel plate impressionsim technique for my oxide distress inks for a technique challenge and then I found this challenge over on Paper Playful:
http://www.fashionablestampingchallenges.com/

This was a fun new way for me to use my inks so thought I would share the results. I inked my largest acrylic block with some of my oxide ink colors, spritzed it with rubbing alcohol and this was the resulting background. Then I stamped the palm tree, the circle for the sun and the sentiment. I colored the tree with colored pencils

1 comment:

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous inky background creating a wonderful scene for your palm tree,
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges,
Avril x