Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Retro Rubber Challenge #98



I always love a chance to get some of my old stamps out and use for a card. This pumpkin is a Recollection stamp from Michaels that I bought years ago, and the sentiment is an old Stampin' Up stamp from 2007. I am using distress oxide inks on m card, colored pencils, versafine black ink, and washi tape. I made a mistake when I stamped the sentiment the first time, so I used the washi tape to cover my mistake. Since the letters acturally were seen through the white dots, I had to even be more creative to hide it, so I added the little sequined leaves. So, creativity really plays apart when you are trying to deem a card, and it makes you think a little past your original ideas.

You can find the Retro Rubber Challenge HERE.

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I've often said there are no mistakes, just different creative decisions! I love the rich warmth of your distressed background and your bright pumpkins. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge, Liz.

Neva Cole said...

What a lovely card with nice sparkle! Great recovery that added to your design. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber for our fall photo inspiration challenge.

LeAnne said...

I love your bright colors and fun washi....clever way to hide your booboo! Of course, the pumpkins are my favorite! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!