Sunday, July 15, 2012

SSIC148

Matthew 5: 13 - "You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

The challenge was to use something glittery. The tinsel glitter from Martha Stewart that I used actually looks like salt. I also made this card to honor SCS's featured stamper: Cynthia (StampinAK). I cased a card from her gallery that had silhouettes of children in a patriotic parade. I didn't have that Flourish stamp, but I had this one that I used of a row of children frolicking in the summer sun.


I added the glitter to the sun and also to the organdy ribbon. Like the sentiment says, I am "Wishing you a day of Joy!"

8 comments:

Danni said...

Wonderful card!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Liz - this is fabulous - I love the shimmery sun - it is a great touch with the silhouettes. Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{Hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic!!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love that sentiment! Great card!

Liz said...

Great card I love everything about it,Hugs

Michelle said...

Hi Liz - Great card! I like your background paper and I love the silhouettes of the children. There is something very vintage-y about it. Love your glitter too! The ribbon is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at SSiC.
Blessings,
Michelle

Ana Carolina Little said...

Liz, beautiful card!!!. Love that silhouette!!!

MiamiKel said...

OH my, this is a beauty - the silhouette and glitter are the perfect touch! Xoxo