Monday, November 6, 2017

Mod Squad 's cutting edge challenge



Although I have made my goal this year to do at least two Christmas cards a week during the whole year and I have reached the number I usually send out, I am still wanting to make more, so I will probably be increasing my card sending list this year. I decided to use this huge poinsettia stamp (and I don't remember the source of that stamp) to add one more to my Christmas stash using the Mod Squad challenge this week as my motivation. I tried to keep it CAS as well as  keeping the background white. I masked the background and sponged on candy apple red oxide ink onto the flower and colored the leaves with Copic markers. I added gold rhinestones for the center. I love how the oxide ink left that suede type of look that make this flower seem more life like.

 

1 comment:

Judy Woodland said...

Such a lovely, beautiful, big poinsettia. That flower stands alone as the focal, no need for anything else. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad, we hope you will join us again soon!
Judy~ MSC DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!