Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My three challenge card


I have been having such fun with my Oxide Distress inks. This time I used them on a piece of design paper that looked like ledger paper. I did some subtle stamping of a smaller image with butterflies from Unity with these same ODIs, then added the scripture (from Sweet and Sassy stamps) and the diecut butterfly and image from ODBD. I added the diecut leaves and punched flowers as my final embellishment. I went over the butterfly wings with a sparkle pen, although it doesn't show up so well in the photo. I am using this in the following challenges this week:
The Mustard Seed Faith challenge - to use birds, butterflies, or Natural scene
Simon Says challenge - to used patterned papers either printed or handstamped
Mod Squad Challenge - use many colors.

I created this background paper on a piece of design paper, and liked the way it turned out. After the stamping and colors were done, I glued it to a light blue card base.

4 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Love all the colors! Perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

So pretty, Liz! I love your background paper...aren't oxide inks so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges!

Traci M said...

Liz, your background paper is beautiful and so is the scripture!! Thank you so much for joining us at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges! Have a blessed week!

Lin said...

Love your idea to start with a patterned paper and build from there with inks, Liz! Your card turned out really pretty - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!