Sunday, December 13, 2009

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #17

Scripture:


Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
This is for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge to give up some of the treasures I have been hoarding for a while now. I thought these rhinestone flowers would be beautiful on Christmas cards, but have not parted with very many of them. After reading this scripture, I was also reminded of the treasures laid before the Christ Child by the Wise Men of the East. How very precious God's gift through Christ is to us. So, while I am looking over the tiny treasures I've stored in my craft room, I know that this scripture speaks volumes to me. Christ is the treasure of my heart  and how I rejoice that nothing of this earth can take it away. If I practice His ways and His truths I truely will be blessed with those things that are not of this earth and are certainly the wonders of the Lord working in me. Be Christ's instrument this blessed season and show the world who your heart does belong to!!

4 comments:

peggysue said...

Oh Liz, what a delight! Great composition and use of bling in a way that highlights the main image and message without detracting from it one bit. The white background is so elegant too. Thanks for participating in the SSCC this week!

Karen W said...

Very understated elegance, love it!! My email was down for days so I"m catching up and the past few days cards are just wonderful also.

Sandy O said...

your card is gorgeous! I also love the crystal flowers to add bling, jus tdont' use them, LOL.

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. anesha