Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Sketchers #81

I decided that the really fun way to make the rest of my Christmas cards is to find every challenge I can and make it a Christmas card theme. I loved this one that I found over on the Daily Dare today called Friday Sketchers. The stamp I used is from Penny Black, the papers are various design papers from my pink scrap bag. I used my nestabilities for the center scallops, inverted scallops and circle. Martha Stewart punches provided the snowflake. I used copic markers to color in my tuxedo black Memento inked image. Half pearls surround the snowman. I have to tell you, it has been snowing at my house since this morning and this is such a rare thing for those of us who have been raised on the Texas Gulf Coast area. This is a record for the earliest snow we have ever received. In my liftime I think I've only seen falling snow around 8 times and I am over a half of a century old!!! LOL I am just loving the peacefulness of the snow softly coming down. Most of it is melting on the ground but some of it is accumulating. God sends us unexpected surprises sometimes, just so we can be in awe of who He is!!!

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, this is adorable, Liz....your little snowman is sooo cute and what fun he is having in the snow!!! Beautiful coloring, colors, and I love the pearls!!! I was really looking forward to seeing a little snow today but we have not had any yet. I am really bummed that I won't be seeing you tomorrow...hopefully we can meet at another swap. I'll give Lynn an extra hug just for you!!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Liz! I love your card! And I so wish that snow would make it over here to GA but it doesn't look like it will. Again!!!! I know you enjoyed it!

Crystal said...

Oh my Liz this is soooo ADORABLE!!! I just love all those added pearls and this super cute image...Fabulous details, papers, and colors!

Rach said...

a great card, wonderful details.
Hugs Rachxx

aardvarkpest said...

Adorable card and such a cutie snowman.

Glenda