Friday, February 27, 2009

Making your own background papers


The limited challenge today on Splitcoaststampers required stampers to make their own design papers using only one stamp set. I picked one of my old favorites, which is a retired set from Stampin' Up--Carte Postale. I used about 5 of the stamps from that set and I used 4 different shades of blue (soft sky, baja breeze, pacific point, and not quite navy). I think many people make the mistake of selecting too many different colors or too bold of colors when making a background for their cards with stamps. That seems to be overpowering and distracts from the main focal point of your card. It is afterall a BACKGROUND and should not draw all the attention. I find that using the same tints of colors that the background paper is (if you are using a color) works best for me. Sometimes I will add a neutral like white or gray just to work the intensity of color on it. Try this out sometimes, it really is fun. I just randomed stamped the images moving the color around to different areas of the paper. If stamping is what you love, this is the technique for you!!!

No comments: