Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Beach, old stamps, and tropical colors


I loved making this card that seemed to fit 3 challenges I found this week. I stamped my own background for this using distress oxide inks, and using a old seashell set from SU dated back to 2000, palm trees from a set from 2006, and my Crosshatch background stamp from many, many years ago as well. The sentiment is  my only new stamp used on this card.from Stampendous. My diecut is from Spellbinders.

Here are the challenges I made this card for:
Retro Rubber challenge#92 Life is a beach

Crafty gals corner  #171 - tropical colors

6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Your base card colour screams summer seas to me and I love the way you've built up the background with inks and layers of stamping. It's gorgeous and a fitting ground for your bold flamingo. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card, I love your background and that fun flamingo!

creative lady said...

Beautiful card, love your background and the pop of pink on the flamingo. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge blog.

Neva Cole said...

What a great background for a fun summer time card! Great use of colors and the flamingo just pops! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

WOW!! The background for your card is awesome, such a great way to use all those older stamps, it really makes the Flamingo pop. Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Kleri said...

Great way to use your old stamps!Lovely card!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)