Friday, March 18, 2011

Belli Challenge for letter C

Being a retired Kindergarten teacher, I love these letter challenges. This one is for the letter C for this week's Belli Challenge. I used cameo coral and certainly celery cardstock to make a celebration card by stamping a cupcake with chocolate icing colored with copic markers and a cherry on top. I used curves and circles and a cuttlebug for the background circles. I heated the ribbon so that it was crumpled looking and one of the ribbons was chocolate colored. These are always a fun challenge and the letter "C" was a great one to select this week. The stamps are from Mark's Finest Papers. The ribbons I have had for some time as is the cuttlebug folder that I used.

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

My goodness, Liz...I think you aced the C challenge...WOW...that's a lotta C's!!! The colors and cupcake are beautiful and I love the curly ribbon!!!! Sure was wonderful to finally meet you and have you visit for a while the other day...we have got to do that again!!!

velta said...

Well, I have to say that this card made me smile...what an adorable card girl...your design makes me jealous...I would never have thought of using all of those sentiments...I MUST try this. Anyone would have to love receiving this card...thank you for sharing and for your inspiration :)

Beth Norman said...

This is so cute. I think cupcake is an excellent idea for the letter C. I also like how you made your green wavy. Thank you for playing in this week's Creative Belli Blog.

Thebug415 said...

WOW...HOLY C's!!! lol...Great job with this one. As a mom of preschool and school age children, I get what you mean about these letter challenges. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Challenge.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What fab colors for this wonderful card, Liz!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge with us, and using all those "C"s!