Friday, June 18, 2010

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #54

I just discovered this weekly challenge this week on Daily Dare. I've been wanting to get started on my Christmas cards, and this site seemed like my motivation. The challenge was to do a vintage Christmas card. This stamp is one of my all time favorite vintage stamps from Stampin' Up. Of course, it is now retired and wasn't even around very long either. Sure glad I couldn't pass it up. The lovely willow wind cardstock is from Mark's Finest Papers. I cuttlebugged it and used ivory for the stamped image. I did a direct to pad distressing around the edges. I stamped the image with Memento's tuxedo black and colored it with Copic markers. The punches are from Martha Stewart and the ribbon is from Paper Trey Ink.

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous Liz! You do vintage very well!

Julia Aston said...

What a great vintage image! love the punched framing!

Joanne Travis said...

I love this, one of my favorite Christmas sets ever! So beautiful!

Michelle said...

WOW this is fantastic! Such a fabulous image and one great vintage card!So glad you joined us this week at CSAYL!

The Wired Angel said...

A perfect vintage Christmas card.. lovely. Glad you could join us at Christmas Stampin this week. Peggy x

Judie H. said...

This is a lovely card, I have a thing about angels. so this is one of my favorites. Awesome

Phyllis said...

Beautiful Vintage Christmas card. Love your punched frame.

Maria said...

Wow, Liz. . .your card is beautiful and very vintage! I love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long! Hope you'll play along again soon!

Jodi said...

What a gorgeous card you have made using the vintage challenge!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Stampin' all year long!!
Hugs
Jodi =)