Monday, November 10, 2008


I'm making a panel pocket for the inside to turn this into a card that is a gift card holder. Sunday morning at church one of the men in our church who was given $1oo a few weeks ago got up and reported that he had turned his $100 into $1000. He took family portraits for $100 setting fees. He donated $500 of it to a women's shelter, and randomly placed 20 envelopes taped under the pews Sunday morning. Only 5 contained a $100 bill for others to see what they could do to grow their $100. I received one of those and now because my passion is stamping, I plan to make a variety of cards such as this to sell for $5.00 to see if I can't at least triple my money for a prison ministry that I am part of. What do you think? I also plan to sell bookmarks and for those not sold on the Sunday I plan to set up a table, I will donate the leftovers to the church bookstore so that it might generate even more money to donate to the church. Keep me and my endeavor in your prayers.

2 comments:

gmabump said...

Liz, I love this card. I'll be praying you make lots of cash for your ministry.
Teddie

Lynn McAuley said...

This Christmas card is a breath-taking beauty!! So rich and elegant with the gold embossing!!