My blog friend, Julie http://thewritestuff.justwritedesigns.com/ recently tagged me! My first experience at this so bare with me!!!!
1. Link your tagger and list the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1.I taught school for 30 years. I just recently retired with most of my years teaching kindergarten and creative arts. Now I am being a teacher's assistant at my church for their 4 year olds in their preschool program.
2. When I was 15 my family was involved in a car accident in which we hit a fast moving freight train. This was before the days of seat belts, but not before the miracles of God. My dad was driving, my mom was in the passenger seat in front and my sister (Allee-Lynn) and I were in the back seat. The whole front of the car was mangled, only a paint stripe from the train was on the passenger cab part of the car, and then the back end of the car went under the wheels of the train and the car was thrown out from the train on it's side. We all walked away that night with little more than a few scratches. I do believe in God's miracles and that night proved it to me.
3. I'm too young to be the grandmother of a high schooler, but I am. Taylor is now 14, my oldest grand daughter, and I have 3 other grandchildren. What joy they bring to my life.
4. I love Christian contemporary music especially liking Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin. I taught myself how to play a guitar and enjoying playing Christian contemporary music for Emmaus weekends and Kairos weekends. By the way, the Kairos weekends involve going into a women's prison 3 hours away from my house.
5. I am a hurricane survivor of Ike. I got to see what it was like to live without electricity for 11 days. It was doable!!!!
6. My sister, Lynn started this whole obsession I have with rubberstamps. She is very talented.
My parents who are both still very much alive, have made their Christmas cards for over 57 years and are still at it. My mom and dad are both very creative, but it's kind of funny to see how they clash on their opinions about what the cards should look like each year. They mail out just under 100 I think.
7. I must confess I am a sugar-holic!!!
Here's my seven that I tag: