Wednesday, September 3, 2014

ODBDSLC212


I have a friend battling cancer so I made this card for him. I like to always have the cross before me and the cross behind me in all circumstances. I know he will find comfort there as well.

I used a Paper Studio embossing folder on the the baja breeze paper. I used some Basic Grey deisgn paper, and punched the dark brown paper with a Martha Stewart corner punch and then arranged them together to go across the bottom. The brown strip across is taffeta ribbon.

I accented the cross with some brown pearls. I did this for the ODBDSLC212 challenge.


4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous card, Liz! Love the browns and blues with this beautifully embellished cross! Fabulous embossed background!

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous card Liz! Such the perfect masculine colors and having the Cross font and center will bring such comfort to your friend! Thank you Liz for entering this beauty at ODBD!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Liz!! I just love the blue and brown combo and your cross with the pearls. Such a beautiful take on the sketch!! I am sure your friend will greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness!! Thanks for sharing your creation and talent with us at ODBD!!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Liz, what a beautiful card with a very special meaning behind it!! Yes, what a wonderful reminder for us all to have the cross before us and behind us in ALL circumstances. I'm sure your friend will find great comfort in receiving this and be encouraged that you took the time to hand make it! It's a fabulous masculine card with wonderful coors, and I love the cross with the pearls and the great border! So glad you've joined us once again for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge...always a joy to see your cards!! Hugs, sweet friend!