Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #84

I had to use a cross for this challenge because of the Mark 15:17 scripture used this week:
 THEY PUT A PURPLE ROBE ON HIM, TWISTED A
CROWN OF THORNS,
AND SET IT ON HIM.
The cross is from Inkadinkado, and the quote is from Our Daily Bread.  The cross is embossed in gold, and the quote is stamped in Tuxedo black ink. The embossing folder is from Sizzix. The paper punch is from EK.
I added a rhinestone cross to the middle of the cross. The purple card stock is the prettiest purple in my opinion on the market. It is from Mark's Finest Papers and is called Grandmother's Favorite Purple.
You won't want to miss Kris' devotional today over on Stampin' Sisters in Christ's blog. It is so perfect for the Lenten season.

10 comments:

Miesje said...

Beautiful card! The purple is perfect and I love that cross. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Grace said...

Hi Liz!
Your card is gorgeous! I love the cross you used and of course that saying... it's one of the first 2 sets I bought from ODBD! LOVE that set! Love your embossing... just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Gwen said...

Oh, great card! What a wonderful testimony of God's work in our lives!

Joanne (jojot) said...

positively regal and elegant in the purples and the golds....wonderful work

velta said...

Wow! What a message this card sends...I just love it! Your purple colors are perfect for this verse...and I love the embossing you added! TFS !

Karen W said...

Beautiful card, I love that cross with the saying. Gorgeous!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational card for Lent!! Beautiful work, Liz!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Liz - it is always a pleasure to see you at SSIC!! I love this elegant card - your image is perfect and perfetcly matched with the sentiment - it is powerful! love it! It is great having you play along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we love to see you and be inspired by your creations! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Elizabeth said...

This card is 'simply' beautiful! I like that quote very much, and the punch adds a perfect fancy touch to the card.

MariLynn said...

So elegant. I really like the little rhinestone cross. Thanks for joining the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week. I hope you have a blessed day today!!